Friday, December 11, 2009

the end of winter

When I was young I liked winter. The colder the better. It might be 30 degrees and I would not even wear a jacket. I loved to throw snowballs and sled down the hills. I prayed for snow days.

Now, the world is different. When it is 70 degrees I want a jacket. I never leave the house in the winter without jacket, hat, gloves and all. I have a Russian winter hat that this so ridiculous looking, but I don't care because it is so warm.

These days, this is the best thing that I can say about winter. It is all going to be over March 1st. Just hang on for a few months and March will be here, then all the snow will be gone and the weather will turn a corner.

In the mean time, I try to enjoy the beauty of the snow and thank God for being alive even when it is so very cold.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cait has one of those hats too. More importantly, she actually uses it! I'm always trying to bundle her up with more than she's willing. She tells me she's not the old one that needs all the layers. She and some friends recently went ice skating and while she didn't take a winter coat she did take her hat!

Tonia

Anonymous said...

There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. Layer up, wrap up, and cover up - then go out and enjoy God's winter wonderland

chigger farmer said...

I think a nice steaming cup of Hot Buttered Rum is all you need to spin your attitude right around concerning winter. I better get on the stick and make some for my favorite pastor and his wife! That will definitely help you both see the good.....

Anonymous said...

interesting blog