Saturday, May 22, 2010

1,000 people

1,000 people. How many people do you know? 100? 1,000? 10,000?

I ran into someone last night that I forgot that I knew. They came up to me and we were talking and they were so nice. Well, it seems that some years ago we had been connected. In another world, in another life, in a galaxy a long long time ago.

I had forgotten. They remembered. They were so glad to see me. They recounted how nice I was to them and how encouraging I had been. We had a nice visit.

I guess the moral of this story is that every single person that you meet is someone that we should be caring about. You may not even remember them in 5 years, but a good word at the right time will often touch the recipient. Every time that you are around anyone is an opportunity for you to leave a mark of love. They won't forget.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, true story. Knew the person it happened to. A man and his wife are at a large gathering. He kept seeing a woman across the room, but didn't remember her name. He said to his wife, "I know that woman from somewhere, but I just can't remember where." SO...he gets up, goes over to the woman, and said "I know you from somewhere, but I can't remember where." To which she replied, "you should, you were married to me (how ever many) years ago.

Anonymous said...

“I've Learned That People Will Forget What You Said, People Will Forget What You Did, but People Will Never Forget How You Made Them Feel.”