Sunday, May 16, 2010

teeth

Teeth are better when you are young. Fewer problems, less pain. You have a cavity, they fix it. By the time you get to be my age, well, I have 3 crowns at least and I seem to constantly be goofing something up in my mouth.

It is not my dentist's fault, he is awesome. I just forget and chew on things that I shouldn't. And it always happens on a friday about 4pm. That way, I get to deal with the pain until monday.
Dealing with pain is good, I have decided that it builds character.

I don't know what i have done this time, but I will be glad when tomorrow gets here and my heroic dentist can again solve the problem that I have created in my mouth. You see I was eating licorish and atomic fire balls. There was this cracking noise. Say no more.

I once had a dentist who had this plaque on his wall:

"Open thy mouth wide and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Mmmm...love atomic fire balls. Were you eating the licorice and the atomic fire balls together--at the same time? That seems very dangerous--sticky and very hard. Neither one is good for your teeth. I hope all goes well with the dentist. I know that people aren't always eager to see a dentist, but thank God we have them. We'd all be like Lou the dog if we didn't. Ugh!!

I don't want you to stare at my teeth on Sundays, but my two front teeth are caps because of the way I ate candy canes over the years. Now I feel like I have a couple of chicklets for front teeth. Oh well...at least I still have them. ; )

Good luck tomorrow--I hope you don't suffer too much.

Anonymous said...

Not to be at all insensitive, sorry about the pain. But this might be where Lou's vet could come in handy. Have you thought of calling him? He does do teeth doesn't he? He may make weekend house calls. Lou would enjoy seeing him.

Anonymous said...

Could it be that you are having "tooth issues" because you won't take poor "Lou the dog" to the dentist??? Payback???