Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lou, continued


This rotten dog is frankly allowing me to enjoy some joyful moments. He is giving me a respite from the really painful things that I am dealing with.

Ok. You all had lots of fun with Lou's potential dental bill. I liked the idea of dental implants and veniers for him. Now it gets worse.

The vet missed it, but the groomer found it. Found them. Worms. Lou has worms. Probably just one worm they say, a tape worm. You might ask, how do dogs get tape worms? From eating rodents, birds and rabbits.

So, it all makes sense. He munches on rabbits, his teeth fall out, and he ends up with a tape worm. In my house, there is a tape worm!! Are you kidding.

Oh, thank God for the funny moments that take your mind off of the really painful stuff.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you've got this Lou, as well as the vet' figured out. We're trusting our Heavenly Father to use whatever it takes to figure out the painful moments.

It's a beautiful day in Jeff's world.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the dental issues don't sound so bad after reading about the worm! Perhaps without teeth his rabbit eating days are over, and your worm worries will end. Get rid of this one and it appears that you'll be home-[worm]-free!

I can't wait to read what new antics "toothless" Lou comes up with. He is a cutie!

Sharon said...

I totally get the diversion theory--the funny moments that take our minds off of the really painful stuff. Thank God for those.

What I don't get is how "anonymous", after actually seeing Lou's picture, can think he's cute. I guess that's another gift--the idea that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". This beholder isn't seeing it. ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for your diversion. Not so much that you need one. Praying for you. Lou...I'm thinking about it. :)