Monday, May 31, 2010

say it

Yesterday in church, the band did a song by Mike and the Mechanics called "in the living years." Its about how we need to say the things to our loved ones while they are alive, and not wait until they are gone.

It is one of those songs that I heard when I was younger, but never really listened to the words. Yesterday in church, the words hit me pretty hard.

"I wasn't there that morning,
when my father passed away.
I didn't get to tell him,
all the things I had to say...."

So, it's memorial day. Call someone you love and tell them you love them. Stop the people walking through your house and tell them that you love them. In the living years.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I love you! Betty