Tuesday, May 25, 2010

welcome new reader

Welcome to a new reader. I guess they show up from time to time and I do not know it. Someone that for some reason gets interested in Jeff's random stuff. I love you all and welcome you all.

But. This newest reader is someone very special. You know how you have babies and then when they turn into teenagers they are no longer interested in you? It's like you get dumb when they turn 13? They don't kiss you goodbye any more. They go off seeking their independence. You always hope that one day they will come back. You hope that they will start to see that you are ok.

My latest reader is my oldest daughter!! She lives in an apartment downtown, and I guess she is bored, because she has started reading about hearing the birds sing. Now I have to tell you, that makes my day. That makes me totally happy. I feel a little smarter.

It's a beautiful day in Good's world, be sure to see the good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much "smarter" you are going to get in the next 10 years or so!!

Anonymous said...

You're just in for more of your days to be made in the future, because you have two more coming on, who will reach that stage of their lives, and will love checking out dad's postings.

"There shall be showers of blessings."

Claudia Rouggly said...

One of the blessings of having grown up children is that they become great friends. Happy to hear you are being blessed in this way.

Claudia

Anonymous said...

I'm longing for the day that my daughter will think that I'm not a complete idiot anymore. I remember when she used to think mom was smart and knew it all! She graduated this past Saturday and goes off to West Texas A&M this fall. I know I have several more years of hearing 'Mom, you just don't get it' ahead of me. I used to 'get it' and someday, someday, someday I will 'get it' again.

Tonia

Anonymous said...

I left my computer on the other day, and your blog was on it. My 12 year old read it and now goes to the computer each day looking up your blog...thank you!!