Wednesday, May 19, 2010

something good

Where are you? How are things going in your life? Do you need something good to happen to you? Then put yourself in a position to find what you are looking for.

If you want to make new friends, then stop hanging out with the old ones. If you want to be more positive, then hang around positive people. If you want to enjoy your home, then spend some time there. If you want to enjoy the gift of God in creation, then plant a flower.

I talk to a lot of people who wish their life was different, but they are stuck in a rut in less than positive circumstances. Get away from those negative nellies. Surround yourself with those who will lift you up. Make an investment in the good and you are much more likely to see it come to pass.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds good in theory, but sometimes even some good stuff can cause you grief and steal your joy--ie, the Bible. The Bible is full of joy and peace and love and all the things we want out of life, but a person can get hung up on some of the difficult messages in the Bible. Like actually hearing the voice of God telling you what to do with your life--is the voice I hear really God? Or, I hear nothing, so I do nothing.

I do get your message though and I try to live by it. I do surround myself with those that lift me up--they just can't be there 24-7.