Sunday, May 30, 2010

The B-I-B-L-E

The B-I-B-L-E, yes thats the book for me, I stand alone on the word of God, the B-I-B-L-E.

We all learned the song, yet many Christians do not take up the book and read it. Some are afraid of it. Some have not the time. Others have tried, and become lost or confused.

Many just do not know where to begin. Here are my suggestions. Start with the books that are easier to understand, easier to relate to.

In the Old Testament, Genesis, Judges, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes. [anyone out there that has other Old Testament suggestions, please chime in.] In the New Testament: any of the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. The book of acts is great. Take Paul's letters after you have read the gospels. Leave Revelation for another day.

You might want to get into a disciple one study this fall. Many have benefited by the opportunity to cruise through scripture in this class, and to do it with other friends.

Happy reading!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

exodus, esther, Joshua, Ruth, 1st & 2nd Samuel.