Sunday, May 23, 2010

lawn mower

Well my wife likes to mow the grass. That is a pretty good woman I would say. So yesterday she goes out to mow, and comes rushing in, upset that the mower is broken. It doesn't sound right. something is broken. This is really important. She wants me to leave the sermon work to go look at the mower.

ok. Put the sermon down, lets go look at the mower.

Now my Dad taught me something about problem solving that I have always remembered. Start with the most simple, cheapest solution first and go on from there. Don't pay for an engine overhaul if all you need is a fuel filter. So back to the mower. I pull it over into the shade. I check the oil. The oil is fine. I open the gas tank. Hmm. empty. Could be a problem. motors usually need gas. that is why they are called gasoline engines.

I get the gas can and fill up the mower. I prime it. I pull the cord. It starts right up. Problem solved. The broken mower was out of gas.

I wish all of my friends had wives that liked to mow. Now if I could just get her to check the gas tank.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you should have mowed the lawn and let her write the sermon--as usual. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Now Jeff, this story would make a great e-mail, floating around the country, about how does a blond mow? However, you have just stepped over the line, and you are probably going to hear it, from a few females.

Any guy who is sitting in his air-conditioned kitchen, with a fresh cold glass of lemon aide, albeit studying sermon notes, while his wife is outside mowing in the heat and humidity,...well what can we say? One smart man, but it's time to bring out the violins.