Saturday, August 15, 2009

college bound

Took a little trip yesterday to the Burg. Warrensburg. Dropped Jenny off at the dorm. And Jenny's stuff. My goodness, Jenny has a lot of stuff.

When I went to college everything I took fit into a 73 Chevy Vega hatchback. Jenny's car was full, the pickup truck was full, and we almost had to rent a u-haul as well. She brought clothes and shoes and pictures. Pictures! What the heck is that? We never had any pictures in frames on our dorm room walls. And shoes! I carried in three loads of shoes. She brought three times as many shoes as I own! Lamps. Why do you need a lamp in a dorm room? Don't know. Jenny brought three. Bed Stuff. Sheets and a blanket is all I ever had. She brought sheets, blankets, stuffed panda bears, a mattress pad and four pillows.

Her pastor is going to have to give her the "laying up treasure on earth" talk.

I am going to miss her. I already do.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Personally, I don't know how college kids can even function in those small rooms without all their stuff. I didn't have the opportunity to go to college, so when we moved our first daughter into her dorm room at KU, I was shocked. Thinking back, learning how to live with less in such a small area, would have been worth the tuition. ; )

I had to laugh at your mention of the Vega. That was the first "brand new" car we ever bought--a very green one. What a mistake! I don't think we even owned it a year.

JanR said...

Your Vega reminds me of my first car, a yellow Ford Pinto. I sold it to my boss right before the story of their exploding gas tanks came out!