Monday, August 17, 2009

hat lottery

I won the hat lottery on Friday. Now I don't know why, but I like to wear hats. They keep the sun off of your face and they collect the sweat when you are working in the yard. They cover up my baldness and make me look younger. Ok, maybe I do know why I like hats.

Good hats are hard to find. The bill has to be curled just so, and the whole hat just has to look right. I don't go for flat bills or hats with elastic in them.

The girls had found me a nice Univ of Central MO hat at the bookstore in Warrensburg a few years ago. I got it salty and yucky at the beach a few weeks ago. So I needed a new hat. Anytime I am in the Burg, the girls want me to go to the campus bookstore with them so I can buy them a shirt or something with their college logo.

Well, on Friday, I hit the hat lottery. the very same hat that I loved so much, that I ruined on the beach was on sale.......closeout. $2.44 each. I bought all they had - 10 of them.

So if you need a nice Central MO Jenny's hat, ring me up, because I can fix you up right. I have red ones and white ones.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You are too funny!

Anonymous said...

You have got to be THE BEST story teller. Some day you will grandkids, and they will NEVER leave your lap! kb

Anonymous said...

Goodness. A different hat for every day. You are going to be a walking fashion statement! Betty

Anonymous said...

That and your 22 allstar hats should keep your head covered for years.

Dave