Friday, August 14, 2009

what we don't know

We are always so impressed with ourselves about what we know. We have lived a long time and we have seen a lot of things. But there is so much more that we do not know. What we know, pales in comparison to what we do not know.

The older we get, the more humble we should become. The knowledge of God, knowledge of the universe, of life itself, is so immense.

We should always be a bit humbled by what we see in life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

yltf said...

This is so good. While I often remember to pray for restraint of tounge, my ego inserts itself without warning and I engage mouth before my real brain can shut it back up. Just the other day,. to a dear friend and customer I decided that my beliefs about marriage were so important I just had to tell her and anyone within earshot. Boy was I a big deal.
Shortly after she left God broadsided me. (not the little nudges he usually gets my attention with) when I came to I felt awfull. If only I could have thought first. I may turn 50 this year. I keep thinking wisdom should set in before too long. Mercy...when will humility take over my ego and allow me to keep my mouth shut?. The good news is at least I know my problem. It makes it easier to correct when you know what it is.