Wednesday, August 12, 2009

drama

Drama: unnecessary disturbance, incessant whining, compulsive complaining.

Think of someone that you used to know that was a source of drama in your life. Now it is ancient history. What happened? Did they get better? Did they decide that you were not going to listen anymore and just move on?

At any rate, most drama is useless. It is over and gone in a few short months. It is like someone who doesn't understand that they have a life, was trying to conjure one up by complaining.

So if all drama moves on in time, why don't we just let it go and stop being bothered by it. Smile. Laugh it off. Cut those providing the drama some slack.

I hope that you and I are never the deliverers of drama.

Today is a good day and everything is ok. All is well. Lets not worry about others who are stuck in drama. That is not what life is about anyway. See the good and focus on it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great topic. This is an issue that I have had to deal with many times in my own life. During those times, I wish I could have been more like my husband who used to say, "I will not allow this (whatever the issue was) to take up space in my head". And that's what drama (nonsense) can do. I for one, need that space for more productive thoughts. And it's not just family drama or personal drama, but "media drama"--"Just the facts Ma'am". I really don't need all the extra commentary that the media provides in order to create drama.

I have to admit that I am less informed these days about current events because I refuse to get caught up in it. I'm relatively sure that if I really need to know something, I'll get the message somehow. Until then, I'm enjoying my everyday life--drama free.