Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jeff 8 - Fish 0

On Friday I attended DJ's annual canoe trip on the Elk River. Beautiful scenery, great people, no worries. And then there is the fishing.

The real score is some thing like this: Jeff 8, Dave 2, Fish 0. or you could look at it this way: Jeff's fishing pole 10, Fish 0.

Why is it so much fun to catch a fish? By the way, I had to let them all go. They did not swim in a school, more like preschool. Their mothers were expecting them home for dinner.

I also lost or misplaced my new camouflage hat. I liked it a lot, it was good camo, but I set it down somewhere, and after that, I could never find it. If you see it, let me know. Thanks.

I will be in church today and I hope to see you there.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Elk River. My, what wonderful memories that conjured up for Jim and me. We used to go to Wiley's on the Elk with a group from our former church each year. Mr. Wiley would haul us to the upper part of the river with all the twists and turns and fast current. We would float to our campsite for lunch and then take the lazy, slow, and hot trip down past the railroad trussel where we would bathe in the waters while we waited for Mr. Wiley to pick us up.

The upper part was such fun but required more strength and energy. Good thing it was during the morning part of the trip. After lunch, many would "tip their canoe" or the canoe of another just to enjoy the water and cool off.

We were several years down the Elk with our family and many wonderful stories to tell. Great fun! Wonderful memories!
Mary Ann