Sunday, August 2, 2009

praying for grace

When you pray, for what do you pray? Are you asking for earthly things or heavenly? Do we seek treasure here or treasure above?

Whenever you pray, be sure to pray for converting grace.

Me? pray for converting grace? why? I am already converted?

Well, by the power of the Holy Spirit, grace continues its job of converting and sanctifying us. Have you arrived? If you have, then pray not for grace. But if you know that your heart is less than fully committed to God through Jesus Christ, then pray for grace.

God, give me your grace. Let me see my need for you. let me see others as you see them. Let me see all the world as you do. let me leave my moments of self-righteousness and look with a loving heart unto you. Change me O God! Give me grace to change! Fill me O God, let nothing be in my heart except your love. Let your grace have it's perfect work within me.

If this is your prayer and it is answered today, then pray it again tomorrow. We need to pray for the grace to change us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: