Thursday, August 20, 2009

Truman Lakewood

For eight weeks in the early spring of 1999, our church met in the Truman room at Truman East- Lakewood. The Truman staff was truly wonderful in accommodating us. Helping us to find and use rooms for Sunday School and storage. The gift of these eight weeks was because we had to move out of our old church building before the new one was ready for occupancy.

Yesterday morning I was at a meeting with some friends of Truman Lakewood. I learned a lot about the care that they give to the poor. I felt very proud that right here in our neighborhood is an organization whose culture is organically reaching the least of these.

If you volunteer at Truman Lakewood, I would like to hear from you. Are you in the auxiliary? Do you visit in long term care? Do you help at the gift shop? Let me hear from you, because I would like to encourage you in your work.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: