Wednesday, August 19, 2009

how often do you get to church?

Some folks are in church every Sunday. Some are in church twice a month. Others once a month. Some quarterly. Some twice a year. Some can't remember the last time they were there, but they consider Woods Chapel their church.

I am not going to make anyone feel guilty. That was our mother's job. When you see me in the grocery store, don't hide, and don't feel funny. I am glad to see you, regardless of how long it has been since you attended church.

I think being in church is good for you, and your family. It is better for you and your family in the long run, than any other activity that people engage in on Sunday morning.

There is something good, something wholesome, something healing about being in church. When I am gone, I miss it. I'll bet you do too. There is only one remedy for this.....be there.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Before I started attending church on a regular basis, the thought of getting out of bed on Sunday seemed like such a chore. I'd lay there and talk myself right out of getting up and going. I'd think of things like; I don't have anything to wear, I don't feel like getting in the shower, I don't want to mess with my hair, and during the football season, we had tickets.

Now that I attend regularly, and church feels more like home, I don't worry (too much) about how I look, I gave up the football tickets prior to their poor showing last season and there's no place I'd rather be on Sunday morning. In fact, I enjoy the Sundays that I'm there until after noon. During football season, I may miss a few of the kick-offs, but because I've been to church, I can handle the losses much better. ; )

And, I'm thinking that if you ever saw me outside of church, you'd probably be the one hiding. ; )