Saturday, July 30, 2011

get up

When Alli was a little kid, I used to play a game with her.  I would roll her down on the floor or toss her in a pile of pillows.  Then I would ask her, "what do you do when you get knocked down?"  It took a while, but she finally learned - "you get back up."

This is an important life lesson.  What do you do when you get knocked down?  You get back up.  Chumbawumba said it well in a song a few years ago, "i get knocked down, but I get up again, you ain't never gonna keep me down."

Everyone gets knocked down.  Not everyone gets back up.  Those that would learn to see the good, must learn to accept the knock downs, and learn to get back up.  Every time.  Consider the alternative for a moment.  Then realize, we have to get back up.  Every time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good teacher. Thanks.