Sunday, July 3, 2011

to my odd friend

Someone posted a comment about not being accepted in church.  Here it is:

I am one of those people who are a Christian but do not go to Church. There are millions of us and we all have a different story I am sure. With me, it's not that I don't want to go to church. It's that the churches really don't want me or accept me. I have nuerological and mental differences. I am completely harmless but I can be exceptionally odd at times. People don't want to deal with me. It's not lack of trying, I have 2o some years of effort. The churches can claim they are accepting and that they want you, but their actions are louder. If you can't fit the mold, there's the door. Sorry if it hurts your christian ears but its true. Feel free to take a walk in my shoes. 

 I got the impression that the experience that this person describes over a 20 year period did not include a stint at Woods chapel.  I want to say to you my friend, not all churches are the same.  I am sure that our church would welcome you and care for you.  We have wonderful people and a wonderful Stephen Ministry program.  If you live in this area, please send me an email or call the church and let's have a cup of coffee. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: