Thursday, July 21, 2011

people

There are almost 7 billion people in this world.  156,000 die every day.  That's alot of people coming and going.  For the most part, we don't even notice.

And then there is that one.  Among the 156,000 who died today, there was that one.  That one that I knew.  That one that I loved.  That one that I was close to.  That one that was not a number, not a statistic.  That one was my friend.

I am so glad to know that not even a sparrow falls without the knowledge of God.  I am glad to know that every hair on my head is numbered by him.  [this job has become much easier over the years.]

Somehow trusting in God gives me a sense of comfort and peace, even when I lose a friend.  He really does have the whole world in his hands.  And, every single one of the 6.7 billion is known by him.  He is extremely fond of all 156,000 that slip out of this life into the next each day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: