Wednesday, July 6, 2011

illegal

I was out to lunch with some pastors the other day and the topic of illegal immigration came up.  One of the people at the lunch said something like, "Before you all mount up on your high horses, I want to let you know that I am part native American.  To us, all of you are illegal immigrants."

I paused to think.  Nobody said anything else on the topic.  Sometimes issues aren't as easy to figure out as I wished they were.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have wisely stated that issues are not always black and white or easy to figure out. I wonder what other turns the conversation may have taken, had the people in your group been able to have read this morning's KC Star story about the illegal immigrant, going by two names, stone drunk, and also driving erratically, in the wrong lane on I435 and trying to hit people. He finally succeeded in killing a mother and her beloved daughter.

This does no favors to those who wish people would welcome or tolerate illegal immigration.

Anonymous said...

1. Happy Birthday . . . a day late!
2. From the WCC website, the link to your blog does not work.
3. On the calendar on the WCC website, what happened to the links to the pages? There used to be a link for every calendar entry that took me to the pertinent page. Could you bring that back?