Monday, July 4, 2011

scam

I hear about scams on the radio.  They never happen to people I know.  Until last week.  There is something that has come in vogue with some young people that you need to know about.  Young people can get into some very interesting things.  When I was a kid you could sniff glue.  Over the years i have watch fads of shoplifting, graffiti, car surfing, and the list goes on.

Well there is a scam that some young people are running.  They call up one of their "friends." Acquaintances really, maybe someone that you met a few times at a party.  You are facebook friends.  They call up with some convincing story about how they need help with a check. 

Since you are kind, and you want to be their friend, you consider helping them.  If you do deposit the check and give them the money, in a few days you will find out that the check is bad and this person is not a friend.

There are a few young people in our area that are doing this.  Don't allow your teens or young adults to fall for it.  The results can be painful.

As I walk through this experience with my family, I am appreciative of the Christian character that resides within my family, our friends, and our church.  There are a few people out there that could benefit from some lessons in Christian character.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: