Friday, July 22, 2011

my eye

There is something in my eye!  I can't find it.  I can't get it out.  I have washed it.  Rubbed it.  Picked at the corners.  It is driving me crazy.  I have been fighting it for four days.

Oh.  I just remembered something.  This happened to me last year at this time.  and the year before.  The first time, two years ago, I went to the eye doctor.  We tried all kinds of drops and then decided it was allergies.  I have never had allergies before, but you know, after a while, they just cleared up.  Problem gone.

Here is my problem.  Why does it take me four days to remember this?  Why does my brain allow me to worry about all of this for four days before it lets me into the fact that this has all happened before? 

I open the eye drops.  Relief.  Temporary, but soothing relief.  It's a big bottle of drops.  And all is well again in my world.  I am not losing my sight after all. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

sereene1 said...

While it's true that your brain waited 4 days to remind you that you weren't going blind, it also give you 361 days of respite from worrying about the allergies that
might return the following year.

I can hear the birds sing.

sereene1 said...

While it's true that your brain allowed you to worry for 4 days, that same brain gave you respite for 361 days from worrying that the
allergy might return the following year.

I can hear the birds sing.