Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the beach

What is it about the beach. Quiet, cool, captivating. The sand on your feet, the wind in your face. The sound of the waves. There is a rhythm at the beach. Year after year, whenever I get to go, it is always the same. Soothing, comforting, peaceful.

Maybe being at the beach takes me back to my younger days. Although born and raised in Kansas City, I spent my Jr and Sr high school days in San Jose, California. It was a short 20 mile jaunt on highway 17 over the foothills to the Santa Cruz beach and boardwalk. It was a great place to grow up.

There are a few things in life that strike me like the beach. Sitting by a fire, standing by a fountain or a waterfall, canoeing down a river.

I thank God for those moments and those places that bring us peace. We need peace. Life is so busy, so hectic, we get so stressed so quickly.

I hope that you have a secret place where you can go to get refreshed. If you don't, you may want to check out the celebration garden at the church. Trees, flowers, benches and a fountain. It's beautiful and it is peaceful. You can go there anytime the building is open. When the carillon bells are playing on the hour, it is heavenly.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: