Sunday, July 22, 2007

my son came home

Do you miss your kids when they are gone? I do. My son came home last night from the Sr. High missions trip. He had a blast. Thank you to Brian, Mike, Georgia, Stephanie and everyone who worked hard to make this a go.

Trips like this are great for kids. It gets them used to being gone. You know that is our job. We are supposed to raise them so that they can leave us. Does that sound crazy? Some people can't do it. They can't let go. But, we are supposed to. Raise them so that they can stand on their own feet and not be dependent upon us.

Too many people watch their kids grow up and leave, and then no longer know what their lives are about.

Anyway, I have a random question. If we think of God in human terms for a moment, did the Father miss the Son when he left heaven for earth? 33 years of separation.

He had to stay focused on the purpose, the result, the salvation of the world.

I thank God that He was willing to send Jesus to Earth. It has made all the difference for me. If you are looking for something real in your life, I invite you to choose him. Jesus waits for all to call on his name.

Remember, today at 12:15, I have good news!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

I choose Jesus, Pastor. It is good to come home! Thank God for His indescribable love and amazing grace!

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com