Sunday, July 8, 2007

a first for me

Disclaimer:
This article is in no way and endorsement for the dangerous sport of motorcycle riding. No one is allowed to read this and then ask their spouse for permission to buy a bike. Cycle riding can be hazardous to your health.

Today, after church I rushed home, skipped lunch and changed clothes. Whats the big hurry? This was my first chance to ride with the new Woods Chapel Church motorcycle club.

They were all waiting on me when I arrived back at the church and the five of us roared off. This was a first for me, riding with a big group. We picked up two more at Winstead's on 7 Highway.

Over hill and dale we rode. We crossed the rainbow. Finally, we stopped in Buckner at the Sonic. I had a nice visit with some folks from church that I did not know very well. It is always great to make new friends.

When it was time to leave, they rode on toward Lexington, I made my way home. I still needed to catch a nap before evening service.

Looking back on the ride, I really enjoyed spending the time with the people. There are so many people at church that I don't have a chance to get to know.

Now add to that all the joys of being outside on a bike. The wind in your face, the sun on your arms and the bugs in your teeth.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: