Thursday, July 19, 2007

the grocery store

I went to the grocery store last night. I ran into a friend. You know, there are 100 people that you want to get together with and you just can't find the time. But, you go to the grocery store and guess what, you run into all of your friends and catch up on life. So from now on, no more parties, just go to the grocery store.

Running into this person reminded me of something. I like him, and I like people in general. That is probably a good thing, being in my profession.

Sometimes people can hurt you, but for the most part, I believe in the ability of Christian people to be good and to choose good.

Are you able to see the good in people? Can you look past their sin and see their hearts? Most strangers are just friends that you haven't had the chance to get to know yet.

There are lots of great people around. Speak to them in the lunch room. Go sit on their deck with them. Take them to Tim's pizza. If all else fails, be sure to visit with them at the grocery store.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: