Monday, July 16, 2007

I hate saying goodbye

I am not very good at saying goodbye. It hurts too much.

Last night, Jennifer B gave her farewell message. We had a reception afterwards. The reception was nice. Thank you very much, everyone who helped with it.

This must be a character flaw with me.....I don't want to talk about them leaving. I don't want to say goodbye. The only way that I can find any resolution to this is to believe that they will be coming back soon. Other families have moved away and then come back. They will too.

I am not mad, I am not unappreciative of what she has done, I just don't know how to find the words to talk about it. I think it must be a defense mechanism.

My mom left me, my Dad left me. Sometimes you just have to hunker down and get thru the hard times.

I am really going to miss them.

Speaking of people that I miss, Chris how are you? I hope you are well. If I am thinking of you, so is God. You are loved.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

It is hard saying goodbye to the people we have come to know and love through time spent in ministry together. I really like Michael W. Smith's song, "Friends" because he captures the essence of eternal friendship through Jesus. We never really have to say goodbye forever, because we will always be connected in the body.

I am praying for Jennifer as she heads into a new adventure and I'm praying for you Pastor, as you learn to let go.

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com