Friday, July 6, 2007

birthday cards

Birthday cards. I got some real doozies. Dorothy sent one that played the siren of a fire truck coming to put out the fire from the candles on the cake. Bill P.'s was priceless as his wife would not sign it. I will keep it for a while, and for a $10 contribution to the landscape fund at church, you can read his card.

Eric and Barb win the award for the most thought provoking card. Here is the message:

"I am living abundantly.
My abundance is not defined
by the money I make,
the car that I drive
or the house I live in.

It is defined by the gratitude
I have in my heart
and the ability to make a difference
in the lives of others."
Jennifer Lewis-Hall

Wow, those are great words! Let's save gratitude for another day and talk about the ability we have to make a difference in the lives of others.

People are starving for attention, for love, for a hug. All around you they are wasting away on the inside from lack of attention. Some of them may be in your own home.

Don't walk past them, don't miss them. See them and reach out. Every person you see at work, at the grocery store, in the neighborhood, they are all potential recipients of your love. You can be a dispenser of God's grace. In fact, that is a very important part of your life purpose.

Do you want to be used by God to make a difference in the lives of others? It is done through the little things. The small moments. So take the time to speak, to wave, to be engaged with them. Every stranger is a friend that I have yet to meet. Every moment is an opportunity to share God's love.

Our hearts are filled with abundant joy when we begin the practice of giving ourselves away.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: