Sunday, July 15, 2007

weakness and strength

Why should I let on if I am having a bad day? What good would it serve to put in writing, in a blog, that I was struggling?

There are several good answers to this.

1. It is realistic. Real people hurt sometimes and to pretend that you don't is fake.

2. If I am honest with you about my weaknesses, maybe you will believe me when I talk with you about my strengths.

3. We can glorify God when we are weak. If we didn't have times of struggle we would never feel like we needed him.

2 Cor 12: 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

If you get a chance, read all of 2 Cor 12 about Paul's thorn in the flesh.

I've got to go now. I only work one day a week and today is the day. I am up. I am on. I love going to church. You people always encourage me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Erik B said...

One day a week eh?
No one I know doubts your strengths and if you didnt show
us you were human, and had weaknesses, you wouldnt have a thriving congregation. Glad you are here.

Song of Deborah said...

Pastor, I know you work 7 days a week, sometimes 18 hours a day. Even if I didn't know it, the Father certainly does and He's the only one that really matters anyway.

The Lord probably talks to you the same way He talks to me. I'm sure He is pointing His finger, shaking it in your face while saying, "Love them anyway." At least that's the message I hear from the Big Guy on a regular basis.

The other message I receive has something to do with, "In my weakness, He is way strong." I like that message the best. It takes the pressure off me.

Back to math homework. I hope you can sit down and enjoy a Royals game today.

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com