Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation

Last week we were on vacation. Spent the week in San Diego. Thank you for the time to be away with my family. Thank you very much to those who put us up in their home!

We had never been to San Diego before, so let me tell you what we did. We visited Torrey Pines State Park, saw the USS Midway [aircraft carrier], Shopped in fresh fish markets, body surfed, the kids rented surf boards. We enjoyed the beautiful views and the cadence of the waves. I was protected from rowdies by a homeless man. We ate in Old Town, no we ate everywhere. We went to Tijuana. We saw Coronado Island. Oh yes, and we went shopping. with 3 ladies on the trip, it was going to happen.

I didn't give you a play by play last week of what we were doing, because I have a few friends at WCC who will skip church if they know that I am not going to be there. I know that you are not one of them, but I couldn't run the risk of putting it out there and then having folks skip church. Thank you for attending yesterday and supporting the kids.

Well, now I am back, lots of things to catch up on.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

Welcome home Pastor. It sounds like you had a marvelous trip. San Diego is one of the prettiest US cities I have ever experienced.

Wasn't Coronado Island breathtaking? I enjoyed walking on the beaches. The water was cold when we were there. I'm glad you got to surf.

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com