Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mr. Taylor

Mr. Taylor sang at the 11:15 service on Sunday. He sang, boy did he sing.

I trust in God, I know He cares for me,
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Tho' billows roll, He keeps my soul,
My heavn'ly Father watches over me.

I want to tell how good this was.......
The crowd at 11:15, normally stayed and stoic, clapped along as he sang!
At the end of his song, there was a standing ovation.
As Mr. Taylor made his way down the stairs with his cane, he was met by a teary eyed preacher who thanked him very much.

His song evoked an offering of praise to God from an old preacher. A candid thank you and words of praise for God's ability to reach in and bless me.

It was a great moment. I am glad that I was there. There is no other place I would rather be on Sunday morning than at Woods Chapel. I go to all the services. I can't skip a one of them. When I am on vacation, I think I miss something. Sometimes I sneak in for the 8:00 service and hide in the balcony.

If you have been missing church, you have been missing a blessing. The human connections. The blessing of music. The touch of God.

I trust in God, I know He cares for me,
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Tho' billows roll, He keeps my soul,
My heavn'ly Father watches over me.

Psalm 91:2"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

I love singing scripture songs! I also love worshiping the Lord in church. There is no other place I'd rather be. Psalm 91 is becoming one of my favorite scripture passages to sing. If you haven't listened to Nicole C. Mullen's new release, Sharecropper's Seed, go get a CD and be blessed! She has a rendition of this Psalm that I find myself singing every day now.
For He who dwelleth (He who dwelleth) in the secret place (in the secret place) of the Most High (of the Most High) shall abide (shall abide) under the shadow (under the shadow) of the Almighty. ooh ooh ooh And though a thousand (though a thousand) fall before me (fall before me) from the evil (from the evil) that surrounds me (that surrounds me) they shall not (they shall not) no, they shall not come near my dwelling (yeah sister yeah). For I shall say of the Lord He's my refuge and my fortress - my God, in Him will I trust! And I will not be afraid of the snare of the fowler, my God, in Him will I trust!

If you have someone in your praise band who plays the bongo drums, you can sing this song! It's number 6 on the CD.

Isn't it amazing what a little praise chorus will do to a heart and soul early in the morning!

Tell Mr. Taylor I'm humming the words to his song today in St. Charles, Missouri.

deb