Tuesday, October 5, 2021

God was not there

I have been watching the show Jaguar on Netflix. I really enjoy WW2 shows, especially shows where the Israeli Secret Service is catching former Nazis.

Two concentration camp survivors are talking and they tell this joke:
Two camp survivors die and go to heaven. They are arguing about the concentration camps that they were in.
One was in Auschwitz, the other in Treblinka.
Each is arguing that his camp was much worse than the other one.
Since they are in heaven, God steps in to make peace. Gentlemen you are already in heaven. You don't have to argue about this, all you have to do is rest in peace.
Then one of them turns to God and says,
"you don't get to have an opinion because you were not in either one of those camps."


A painful story about the camps that were so bad that they truly seemed "God forsaken." Although I get the joke, I can't imagine what those folks went through, I want to say this:

There is no place where God isn't.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.   Ps 139:7-10

What ever may be going on in your life my friend, no matter how alone you may feel, please remember that God is there. He never leaves us, he never forsakes us. He is truly a friend that sticks closer than a brother.     Prov 18:24

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: