Thursday, October 14, 2021

What am I doing to inspire others?

From Jeff... take time to watch the video below.  It is two minutes long, very inspirational and brought me to tears.


From my friend Pat...

Below is a link to a video about my neighbor Tom Rice. Tom just turned 100. In 1944, at the age of 24, Tom jumped into Normandy as part of the American invasion in WW2. He jumped again for his 100th birthday into Coronado Island. The plane that he jumped out of was a restored Douglas C-53 that dropped paratroopers over France on D-Day.  

I don’t know Tom, but we all claim him as our own here on Coronado because he is so inspirational to us all. I’m sure he has limitations, we all do, but at 100 he’s still jumping out of airplanes and playing a roll.

So I ask myself, in spite of my limitations (can’t dance, cant shoot a basketball, can’t hit a golf ball, or stay up past 10) what am I doing to inspire others? Is it enough? Ask yourself the same question? We can all do better to inspire and encourage others.

click here to watch the short video about Tom

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: