Thursday, October 28, 2021

wheel chairs

I have never wanted anything to do with wheel chairs.  I think it was 2013 I had blown out my knee right before one of our trips to Nicaragua with the Rainbow Network.  Tim Wiseman put me in a wheel chair and pushed me through the Houston and Managua airports.  Although it was embarrassing, I appreciated his help.

No one ever wants to be handicapped.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago.  Cathy and I were in Wine Country with old friends Roger and Kathy Grout from Princeton and Kathy Christensen from Woods Chapel days.  My knee blew out.  Not my bad knee, but my good knee.  It was so tender.  When  I dropped them off at St. Superey winery on highway 29 in Napa, I went to the CVS to buy crutches.

I don't know what to think.  Maybe a double knee replacement is in my future? 

Anyway, the waiting for someone to help me, to push me, to carry something for me is nothing that I am used to.  It gave me an appreciation for being able to walk.

The battery operated go-carts shopping carts at the grocery store are fun too!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: