Saturday, October 23, 2021

No response

I asked my wife a question.  I got no response.  I asked again.  Nothing.  I looked up and saw that she was completely engulfed in a news clip on the TV.

I don't fault her, we have all done that.  Been so lost in one thing that we could not pay attention to something else.

But what if we are engulfed in the wrong things?  What if we are lost in self-pity or anger or resentment.  What if we are so lost in staying up with social media that we can't pay attention to real people?

There are 1,000 ways that we can get off track and stop paying attention.  Becoming "aware" is the process of stopping your brain from doing what it does.  Awareness happens when we step back and contemplate what is really happening around us.

When we can do that, we begin to see people.  We begin to value them.  We begin to understand and value the views of others.

May we get better at paying attention.  May we get better at waking up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: