Thursday, October 7, 2021

Love will find a way

I was in Jacksonville, buying cookies for the guys at the metal galvanizing plant.  I needed them to help me move some steel and I wanted them to be glad to see me.  Cookies and chocolate always help.  While in the grocery store I heard this song, and the lyrics intrigued me.  I looked it up.  The group is "Blessed Union of Souls."  The song is "I believe."

Here are some of the lyrics:

Walk blindly to the light and reach out for his hand
Don't ask any questions and don't try to understand
Open up your mind and then open up your heart
And you will see that you and me aren't very far apart
'Cause I believe that love is the answer
I believe that love will find the way.

As I ponder these lyrics I think about an issue that I have had for several years.  Sometimes I handle it well and sometimes it tears me up.  Listening to these lyrics I am prompted to think: What would happen if I just took God's hand.  What if I stopped trying to understand it?  What would happen if I stopped trying to fix it?  How might things change if I opened my mind and opened my heart?  Can love be the answer?  Can love find a way?

The other things that I have been trying have not worked very well.  I am going to try really hard to just put it all in God's hands, trust him, and deliver all of the love that I possibly can.

Is there something in your life that you cannot control?  Something that you might want to give over to the Master?  I believe that love can find a way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: