Sunday, October 3, 2021

selfishness

I’m amazed at the selfishness of some people. 

Somebody checked into the hotel.  They put their bags on the cart and they take it up to their room.  They unload their bags and leave the cart in the hallway instead of taking it back to the lobby.  I guess that no one else needed that cart. 

For my friend "N" 
I am constantly frustrated by people who cannot count.  In the ten items or less line at the grocery store and they have 15 or 20 or 50 items.  And they know that the checkers will not say anything to them.

I was at Lowe’s.  I parked in the parking lot and was walking in.  This guy pulls up right in front of me with a truck pulling a small trailer.  He parks right in front of the front door.   I have to go around him to get in the door.  He hops out and rushes in.  We’re both going to the same place, to return something. And so he’s in line in front of me and I want to say, "dude why do you think you can park like that?  What makes you so special that you can block the entrance to the store?" 

I listened as he rambled about what was going on with him for a while and then he walked out the door and got in his truck and trailer and off he went. 

The apostle Paul talks about this struggle between the spirit and the flesh.  And I would boil it down this way - the flesh is selfishness and the Spirit is love and kindness. People think it’s easier to be selfish. But being kind it is not difficult. 

It’s just a mindset that says I want to bring something positive to the world. I wanna make it about everyone else instead of making it about me.

It takes more muscles to frown then to smile.  It takes more effort and more drive to be selfish then to be kind.  It is not that hard to be kind.  

Let's offset the selfishness of others by showing exemplary kindness and love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: