Friday, October 8, 2021

Prayer changes things

What a nice cliché "prayer changes things."  Do we really believe that?  Just get enough people praying and God will be obligated to do what I am asking.  Just get enough likes on your facebook prayer and God must acquiesce to our requests.

I guess when it doesn't go our way, that we did not get enough people to pray.  Just a few more and God would have been forced.

What if there is another way to think about prayer?

Prayer was never given to us so that we could get our way.  There is no guarantee in life that things will go our way.  Christianity is not about God giving me a comfortable life.  That is a notion of American self-centered christianity.

We need a different paradigm about prayer.  How about this:

True prayer change me.  Prayer changes something... it will change me if in prayer I am prostrating my heart before God.

"Dear God, help me understand.  And if I can't understand please help me trust you.  Please help me to find peace in the storm.  Please help me to find you."

When we give up trying to fix things and give up trying to control God, we can finally rest in him and find a peace that passes understanding.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: