Sunday, October 10, 2021

How am I affecting others?

What am I doing?  What am I thinking about as I am doing what I am doing?  We were on vacation last week and I was waiting to get a cup of coffee.  Waiting, because the person in front of me was standing at the coffee bar making their mix.  Black coffee, a couple sweeteners, a couple of creamers, mix it up, add more, mix it up, put on the lid.

I wanted to say, hey friend, grab what you need and take it over to your table and make your concoction away from here.  Let someone else up to the coffee pot.

But of course, I said nothing.  By the way, in the framework of fight or flight, I almost always flee.  I am not a fighter.

Anyway, this experience at the coffee bar made me think about how our actions affect others.

I think that the world would be a better place if we asked ourselves this question.  Not, what do I want to do, but how is what I am doing affecting others.  We must remember that I am not the only one here.  There are others with needs as well.  I can probably get done what I need to get done, even if I make small course changes to help them along the journey.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022.  If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure

No comments: