Saturday, December 25, 2021

Is something wrong?

Something is still wrong.

We can't even let ourselves enjoy Christmas because something is wrong.  My kids did not come to Christmas.  The pie did not turn out.  Stressed out relatives got into a fight.  Sometimes it doesn't feel like the most wonderful time of the year.  We are still worried that something is amiss.

Solaris Electric Van in the
background.  Red Kia where
I stopped to make a text.

So I a week ago I working at a CVS in Orlando for my buddy Derek. I am waiting on electricians to pull some cable. The electricians show up and I go to their van to talk with them. Then I start to walk across the parking lot. I stop halfway across to text my boss and let them know that the desired electricians have finally arrived.

I randomly stop by this red Kia to write the text about the electricians showing up. The owner of the car comes out of the store and she thinks that something is wrong. She says to me, “is there something wrong with me parking there?”

Why do we still think, why do we default to “something is wrong?”

Here is the good news. I got to explain to her that nothing is wrong. I told her who I was working for and why I had stopped by her car. She was relieved.

When you or I can assure another person that nothing is wrong, it makes them happy. It relieves them of their worry. Now the next trick is to learn not to worry in the first place.

Nothing is wrong.

By the way, at Christmas God is telling us, nothing is wrong. All is well. No worries. I got you. You are loved.

Merry Christmas!!!  Take it easy.

No worries my friend. God loves you!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: