Monday, December 6, 2021

It could be worse

I received this from my friend Linda on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Today is the day for leaf pick up in our cul de sac. Yesterday, we had to clean the leaves out of our landscaping (the first year we had to do this). We have a LOT of bushes to clean around. It was the subject of much grumbling and whining on my part. After we had finished ours, and my back was aching, my husband said we should go clear out the leaves from a neighbor’s landscaping. The neighbor had a debilitating stroke, and is unable to do this. I trailed along, still complaining, when I remembered the Bible verse from last Sunday’s message about being grateful in all circumstances. The reason that I was able to complain about raking leaves was because my 70-something body was still able to do this kind of activity. I know lots of people who cannot say the same! Thank you God for a body that is still reasonably functional. Tomorrow I will be probably be able to walk half a block to my sister-in-law’s for Thanksgiving!

Friends, when we stop and think about it, we still have much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

________________

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.


No comments: