Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Too Loud

Evidently, I was too loud.

So I am sitting at breakfast on a cruise ship with my sister Amy. We are drinking coffee and eating breakfast food. We are chatting it up like a brother and sister who have not seen each other in three years.

All of a sudden, the guy at the table next to us pops up, looks at us and says, “I am tired of listening to your conversation.” He walked away.

My sister and I looked at each other with big eyes and thought “what was that about?” The guy's wife stood up and looked at us. I said to her, "I am sorry."   She said, "NO, she was sorry."

The look on her face was the look of someone who had been embarrassed by an unhappy person many times over the years.

Although I used to make a living by talking, we were not too loud that day. He was unhappy about something. On a cruise and so unhappy about something that you have to be rude.

If I was sitting next to people that I thought were too loud, I would just get up quietly and move. He must have something else going on in his life. The look on his wife’s face told us that she has suffered with his angst for years. Such a sad face.

Moral of this story is that if someone is ugly with you, it probably has more to do with what is going on with them than what they think you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: