Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Thanksgiving past

This year on Thanksgiving, I realized that I have had 64 thanksgivings. When I was young it never occurred to me that I would or wouldn’t have 64 thanksgivings.

At the age of 40 I might’ve thought that 64 would be good I might have thought that 64 would be a lot. No hurry to end them by the way. And I know that every Thanksgiving that I get is a bonus. A lot of people that I have loved have died before me.

I don’t just want to have a Thanksgiving each year, I want to live every day as a Thanksgiving!

In the old days at Woods Chapel, November was the month for 4 sermons on Thanksgiving. I was trying to stretch Thanksgiving to 4 weeks. What if we were thankful for 52 weeks? What if we were thankful for 365 days.

We have so much to be thankful for. Get in the habit. Make it a habit to be thankful.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

________________


I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

No comments: