Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Take me to church again

Tyler and I were out to breakfast at the IHOP at 17th and US1. Three older folks came in the other door about the time we entered. They were dressed well and had obviously come from church. I asked them if they had been to church and sure enough they had. I overheard one lady say to her husband in regards to the sermon, “I didn’t understand a word that he said, but I was still glad to be there.”

There is something about going to church. Even if the sermon is off, there is something about being with other people that want to love God. There is something about being in the sanctuary. There is something about the stained glass windows. I believe that holy places speak to us, even if you don't get the sermon.  There is something at church that is bigger than the sermon.

Get back in church and take in the ambiance. God is with you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: