Sunday, December 19, 2021

Suicide

I have a friend who has a friend and their ex took his life. Now let’s just sit on that phrase “took his life.” I can’t think of sadder words. He took his life.

Friends, listen to me. I have in my life time, considered suicide on several occasions. Thank God I never acted on those thoughts.

Part of what keeps me from doing that is the following:

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  No matter how upset you are, things can get better.

Suicide takes the terrible pain that you feel and multiplies it, distributing it to every one that loves you. Do you really want those who love you to feel as bad as you do right now?

I know that you might feel bad… Alone, rejected, set aside, but we can still see the good in life. I know it will return to you.  In fact, it never left, we just can't see it.  The sun goes behind the clouds for a while and joy can hide from us, but it is still there and it will return.

Every week I get an email from my former church called “going home.” It is an announcement of the passing of someone. I don’t ever want to get an email that tells me that you have gone home by your own hand.

If you are thinking about taking your life, please don’t. There are still many good reasons to live. Someone loves you. I love you. Reach out to me and I will meet you for lunch and we can talk. I am serious.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: