Thursday, December 9, 2021

Where did they go?

I was listening to the Bob Seeger song, "Like a Rock."
Here are some of the lyrics...

Twenty years now
Where'd they go?
Twenty years
I don't know
I sit and I wonder sometimes
Where they've gone

click here to listen to the song

Seems like just yesterday you were sitting on our deck in Princeton.  I loved you then and I still love you.

Seems like yesterday we watched the girls play intramural football at Warrensburg.  Seems like yesterday that we played softball at Young Park.  Seems like yesterday that we ate at Patty O'Quiglies or Tiff and Jays.  Seems like yesterday we built that church.  Seems like yesterday we worked on sermons at the Outback.  Seems like yesterday that we had a beer at Tanners or Mulligans.  Seems like yesterday that we met for happy hour at the Summit Grill.  Seems like yesterday we saw that steamboat on the Missouri river.

Seems like yesterday we met at Overtime Pizza.  Seems like yesterday we met at the Pot Belli Deli.  20 years or more now, where did they go?  And we had fun and we loved each other and it was awesome.

I savor every moment that I have had you guys in my life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

.

No comments: