Friday, December 10, 2021

It's not good to brag

My Dad loved to say, "never blow your own horn, it just doesn't sound that good."  But every now and then I have to tell a story of success.

I hate to spend money if I don't have to.  So my Kia Sportage has this handle lock on the lift gate that has deteriorated and is falling apart.  Since I have this neurotic thing about wanting things to work correctly, I asked the dealer how much this part costs.  Part is $100, installation is $150.  $250 total.  Hmm.  There must be another way.


So I look online and find the part for $50.  It takes a month to come from South Korea.  No worries.

Then I proceed to spend an hour taking apart the tailgate and installing the new part.




New part is in.  I am smug and happy.  Jeff 10, Kia dealer 0.



If you need me to fix something at your place, just let me know.  [and sorry for bragging.]

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

.

No comments: